Early Years Administrator
Salary scale: £20,200 – £23,410, dependent on qualifications and experience
Details: Full time, Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 5pm office based, starting on 1st of September 2022
Holiday: 25 days per annum
BeyondAutism is a charity dedicated to ensuring everyone with autism accesses an education which empowers a life full of choice, independence and opportunity. We do this through positive educational experiences, training for the people who work with them and support for their families and carers.
The Early Years’ Service
Started in 2016 as a pilot project, this service now sees over 35 families a week. The Early Years’ Group supports families and empowers parents/carers to be more confident in their own and their child’s ability. It is for children aged 15 months up to 5 years.
We offer a flexible approach, with attendance designed to fit around the timetable and goals of each family. Children attend with their parents or carers so that the team can work with them on the child’s communication and engagement and adults can learn skills and techniques to apply at home.
What we are looking for
With extensive administration experience, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop excellent working relationships with a range of people. Positive and enthusiastic, you will be able to take initiative and have an adaptable approach to work. A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is essential for this role.
Providing professional, efficient, and effective administrative support to the Early Years’ Service and support the work of the Head of Early Years.
• Based at the reception desk as a first person of contact, receive and monitor calls, collections/deliveries, escorts/visitors, scanning and filing, answer the door, distribute and mail post, suspend deliveries at the end of term and be responsible for answering telephone queries.
• Run admissions for Early Years Provision, liaise with parents regarding documents, send out and process booking forms and welcome packs.
• Support the Early Years team with reasonable administration tasks. Organise and book trips and workshops.
• Take the responsibility of being a GDPR data controller for the Early Years` Service and monitor the team to make sure they comply with guidelines and requirements.
• Create purchase orders and manage invoices on Xero accurately.
• Manage and keep record of petty cash and contribute to budget tracking
• Liaise regularly with the Health and Safety Officer who does regular checks of equipment and furniture and arrange necessary repairs.
• To coordinate home visits, initial assessment schedules and associated paperwork for Early Years.
• Provide secretarial support to the Head of Early Years.
Beyond Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.