Nursery Apprentice – Nellys DSG,
Can you see the magic in a muddy puddle? Have you always wanted to work with children and truly make a difference in the lives of little people? If so, then please read on as we have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring nursery nurse to join our team in Nellys DSG and enter into the world of early years education.
Our nursery is located a little closer to Dulwich Village and North Dulwich Railway Station. The setting has been refurbished and equipped to a very high standard and offers wonderful large rooms that give a light airy feeling and provide lots of space in which children can play and learn. We also have a large space for exciting outdoor play and exploration. Large windows and large rooms induce a sense of awe and calm in staff and children alike
We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to be engaged in the joy of DOING rather than the end result.
Nursery Apprentice – Who we are looking for?
Someone who …
- Holds a passion for education and educating our children
- Believes in shaping a future for not only the children but themselves
- Is articulate & friendly
- Able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme
- Holds a passion for learning about Childcare and reliable to boot
Nursery Apprentice – What will you be doing?
- To undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years Qualification as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescale
- To actively participate in your own development plan working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too.
- To undertake induction training in the nursery with a named mentor
- To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues with them
- To support the nursery staff to observe, plan and maintain accurate children’s records.
- To develop a sound understanding of Safeguarding Policies
- Undertake a shared responsibility for the care of children, health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery
If you are excited by this opportunity then please get in touch today!
Nelly's Nursery Dulwich Sports Ground is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.