Early Years Assistants
Would you like to work somewhere dedicated to Early Years education and care? Somewhere committed to your professional development? A place of learning and development for all with great opportunities?
If your answer is yes then we are the right place for you. Guildford Nursery School is looking to recruit temporary term time only assistants to support children with a range of special educational needs, including speech, language and communication needs and autism.
We believe that all children are unique and learning must begin with what a child can do.
Our large Maintained Nursery School is based on two sites, both with wonderful outdoor learning and play spaces.
We have a number of roles available and are looking for people with a passion for special educational needs and a can-do attitude.
To start as soon as possible until 31st August 2021.
Posts at Hazel Avenue site:
Role 1: 8.45am – 3.30pm Monday – Friday, term time only
Role 2: 12.00pm – 4.30pm Monday – Friday
Posts at York Road site:
Role 3: 8.45am – 3.30pm Monday – Friday, term time only
Role 4: 8.45am – 12.15pm Monday – Friday, term time only
When applying please state which role you are applying for.
We are looking for candidates who are:
• Positive, flexible, responsible and with an interest in young children and how they learn
• Keen to make a real impact within and beyond their own team
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to support the provision of a rich, inclusive, safe yet challenging environment and curriculum to meet each of our children’s unique interests and needs.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge
• A positive, friendly and supportive team of staff and governors
• Great resources and facilities including a large, beautiful garden
• Excellent professional development opportunities in our improving, growing nursery
• The chance to work with children who are fantastic to be with.
Virtual meetings with the SENCO are welcomed for all serious candidates.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
Starting Salary: £17,663 pa pro rata
Salary range: PS3 £17,663 - £18,607
Closing date for applications (no CVs please): Midday Tuesday 6th October
Shortlisting will take place by Thursday 8th October
Interviews will be held on Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th October
Guildford Nursery School and Family Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.