Greenfield Primary School are looking to recruit a professional, enthusiastic and caring person to join our current team in our pre-school. We provide a welcoming and inspirational learning environment with a committed and talented team who share the goals of wanting to give every child the best possible start in life. We aim for our children to leave pre-school ‘school ready’ and with a strong base upon which to continue their education journey.
The pre-school is based in a fantastic new purpose built unit next to the Reception base on the main school site. We have a smaller and nurturing nursery room for 2-3 year olds and larger pre-school room for 3-4 year olds.
Hours of work:
We are open from 7.45am to - 6pm, and are looking to fill a number of posts:
1. Level 2, Core hours 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, 4pm finish one day (37 hours per week) Permanent
2. Level 3, After school club 3pm to 6pm Monday to Friday, with 1pm to 6pm one afternoon, to be agreed (17 hours per week) Permanent
3. Level 2, After school club Monday to Thursday 2.30pm to 5.45pm (13 hours per week). For this post we are looking for someone who has experience of working with children with special educational needs to work on a 1:1 basis with a delightful child. This is a temporary post initially but may develop into a further role for the right candidate.
4. Level 2, 7.45pm - 1pm Monday to Friday (27.5 hours per week) Permanent
5. Level 3, 12.30pm to 6pm (26.5 hours per week) Permanent
We are open all year round apart from the school Christmas break, bank holidays and some teacher training days.
Please state in your application which post you are applying for.
Level 2 - LCC Grade 5, pp 7 - 8 salary £9.81 - £10 per hour dependant on experience.
Level 3 - LCC Grade 6, pp 9 -10 salary £10.20 - £10.41 per hour dependant on experience.
We are looking for someone with:
• a relevant qualification such as NVQ level 2 or level 3 in Early Years childcare, or equivalent
• experience of working as part of a team within a pre-school/nursery setting
• a positive, hardworking and "can do" attitude
• sound experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and are able to contribute to planning, observations and reports
• be able to provide a safe, stimulating environment for all children
As an employee you will benefit from:
• A competitive salary
• Being part of an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school with an excellent reputation
• The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Discounted childcare (Breakfast and After School Club)
• Training and career development opportunities, in house and external
• An occupational sick pay scheme
• Access to a range of local and national discounts on shopping, eating out, bus travel, health clubs and much more
Please state your strengths and experience when applying for the role and why you think you should be considered for the post in your supporting statement.
The last date for the acceptance of applications is Friday 28th January 2022 at 3.30pm. Interviews will take place the following week on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3 February 2022.
Please note: If you are invited to attend for interview, references will be taken up prior to the interview date. If you do not hear from us, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Greenfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.
Greenfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post