Educator working for Life Education Wiltshire
Geographical area: The county of Wiltshire
Salary range (pro rata): £20,578-£28,581 pa pro-rata (to be reviewed April 2019)
Hours: Part-time (0.6)
Wiltshire Life Education is a national charity that supports schools’ wellbeing and PSHE education. We use dynamic teaching strategies, (including drama), and interactive resources, within a framework of a fully-developed whole-school approach to behaviour, safety and achievement. Our programme includes a comprehensive online PSHE scheme of work which supports schools’ wellbeing and PSHE education, (SCARF).
Life Education Wiltshire requires an active, outgoing and enthusiastic person to manage this work, travelling to primary schools throughout the region
This post is for 3 days a week on an annual contract. This post may be extended to full time in the future.
A visit to our mobile classroom is highly recommended to all applicants – please see below.
You will have:
• experience of working with children of primary age
• primary age qualifications/experience to at least GNVQ Level 3, or the equivalent
• an interest in health, wellbeing and drug education
• the confidence and ability to work closely with teachers, (as well as children), to ensure they fully embed our work within their wider provision
• a full, clean, driving licence and the ability and willingness to travel to schools throughout the region as required
• the ability and willingness to undertake 2-3 months’ full-time induction training plus ongoing periodic training, facilitated by Coram Life Education. This training may sometimes take place outside the county of Wiltshire.
• an awareness of, and commitment to, equal opportunities, principles and practice
• an ability to be sufficiently physically active to access, and work in, our mobile classroom and to carry lightweight equipment, as required.
This post will be focused on Wiltshire and your base will be your own home.
Closing date: 29th April 2019
Interview date:15th May 2019
Starting date: September 2019
Life Education Centre (Wiltshire) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.