Early Years Educator - Aspiring to progress onto ‘Assessment Only’ route for QTS
Salary: £17,349 (NGE Grade 3) – all year round
(5.6 weeks paid holiday – including Christmas and bank holidays)
7:00am – 1:00pm (30 hours per week)
Required from 2nd September 2019
Do you want to be part of something amazing?
Have you always wanted to go into a career in teaching but been put off by the fees for PGCE or School Direct?
Do you have an undergraduate degree and are looking to grow and develop whilst working alongside an experienced and exceptional teacher?
Our brand-new school, Hucknall Flying High, has an exciting opportunity for an Early Years Educator to form part of our Foundation 1 team. Fundamental to the vison of our brand-new school is to create an environment where we support and grow talented individuals to maximize their potential. This position will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to gather an evidence base to progress onto an assessment route to become a qualified teacher, whilst giving them opportunity to deliver and support provision within our Early Years setting.
Have you got talent? If so come and share it at Hucknall Flying High Academy…
Why work at Hucknall Flying High Academy? Our brand-new school will be about every member of this community working together to achieve their full potential in all areas of life. With friendly and welcoming individuals, we will collaborate to make real contributions that will benefit our children and their families every day.
Each of our individual roles will have an impact on the future of many – developing and inspiring the future leaders, entrepreneurs and the innovators of tomorrow. We will strive to deliver learning experiences to engage and instill a curiosity to find out more. Our goal is to develop individuals who ask why, therefore becoming life-long learners and visionaries, with aspirations ready for the challenges of the future in an ever-changing world.
As a member of the ‘Early Years’ team you will work alongside the Foundation 1 teacher, supporting our first cohort of 2, 3 and 4 year-old children to grow, learn and develop in an
environment rich with opportunities, high expectations and fun! Additionally, you will deliver the provision throughout the school holidays, working under the leadership of the Extended School Manager.
You will be a driven and confident person, able to support the learning of children from day 1. We are looking for someone with experience of working with children, ideally in a school setting. You will be passionate about supporting the needs of every child, with the expectation that every child can and will succeed.
This unique opportunity will support and prepare you to attain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) through the Assessment Only route, which you will be able to access at the end of the contract period. Assessment Only is a 12-week process to QTS. This process is only available after two years’ experience as an unqualified teacher or equivalent. This will therefore be an opportunity to progress to once completing the contract for the role, with the full support of the school and trust. For those with previous experience as an unqualified teacher, or equivalent, we can support you to progress to assessment only within the contract period. Throughout your time in school you will not only be supported by an outstanding teacher in Foundation 1, but also via our expert Professional Tutor who will assess your strengths and areas for development and enable you to access appropriate CPD to continue your growth towards QTS.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is determined to achieve a career in teaching.
- Is passionate to work with young children.
- Is self-motivated – making the most of the CPD opportunities provided.
- Has experience working with children in a school or alternative setting.
- Has experience of planning and delivering learning independently.
- Has an undergraduate degree and a GCSE in Maths, English and Science at C or better.
- Is committed to achieving qualified teacher status within the next two years.
- Is able to use initiative and communicate to colleagues politely and professionally.
- Has strong interpersonal and organisational skills and is a true team player.
- Is always looking to make improvements.
- Flexible, willing to gain experience in other year groups with the potential to spend some time in other schools.
- Sets high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge children.
- Promotes good progress and outcomes for children.
- Is able to adapt activities to respond to the strengths and needs of all children.
- Manages behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
- Will play an active part in the wider life of our school.
- Has a sense of humour!
Closing date: 5.00pm on Wednesday 19th June 2019
Interviews: Take place on Monday 24th June
Please see documents attached for further information about this role and what Hucknall Flying High Academy can offer you!
The successful candidate will have an enhanced DBS disclosure
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.