Are you an outstanding Early Years Practitioner? Do you want to take the next step in your career and move into a leadership position? Have you got drive and vision to lead a team at a successful primary school in Surrey? If so, we would love to hear from you! At Buckland Primary School we are looking for a Phase Leader for Early Years who will oversee all aspects of the Early Years phase. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, driven and willing to work alongside a committed EYFS team.
Buckland Primary is a maintained community school situated in Staines-upon-Thames in the borough of Spelthorne. The school is a two-form entry school with over 400 pupils on roll. Our school is situated on vast grounds, incorporating sports fields, games courts and play areas with outdoor learning integral to our curriculum. The building itself offers a fully equipped community kitchen for pupil use, a beautiful library, outbreak areas for interventions, and very well-resourced EYFS and primary classrooms. Our staff have an excellent work ethic and deliver high quality teaching and learning opportunities for our polite and eager-to-learn children. We have a caring, inclusive, family ethos coupled with high expectations, we are able to provide high quality CPD for all who work here.
Buckland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to detailed reference checks as well as an enhanced DBS check.
As a member of the school's Leadership Team, a Phase Leader will participate in the strategic leadership and management of the school and will be responsible for the quality of teaching and learning across the phase they lead, as well as overseeing the effective management of school resources within the phase. The position will oversee a team of people within the phase and be responsible for performance appraisal and standards across the school. A large part of the Phase Leader role will include coaching and mentoring staff within the phase to ensure that teaching and learning is effective.
The post is a class-based role with non-contact time provided to allow leadership responsibilities to be fulfilled, in addition to PPA. We would like someone to join us for September 2020.
We are looking for an effective EYFS classroom practitioner within the Early Years who may already have some leadership experience within their setting, or someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. You will be someone who is highly driven and motivated, has an eye for detail, and can work flexible and creatively.
The successful candidate will have:
- The motivation to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills as well as the ability to inspire and challenge colleagues
- Proven experience as an effective good and outstanding EYFS classroom teacher
- Have the ability to lead aspects of school improvement and ensure that all children are given opportunities to excel
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
In return we can offer:
- A firm commitment to you and your professional development with fantastic school-wide CPD opportunities
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors
- A growing learning community
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
- Coaching and mentoring from the Headteacher
- Vast opportunities for career progression
We hope you will take the time to find out more about our school and experience our warm welcome. For further information about the role, or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact Sandra Wylie, School Business Manager on telephone 01784-455022.
Buckland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.