Learning Support Assistant (South London)
January 2021 start date on a fixed term contract until Easter 2021 (with potential to move to a permanent contract)
Salary £16,000 to £18,000 per annum pro rata (Dependent on skills and experience)
Eagle House School (Mitcham) is an independent specialist co-educational day school providing primary and early year’s education for learners, aged 4 to 11 years with an autism spectrum disorder (including Aspergers syndrome) and associated social and communication difficulties. Many of our learners have complex needs and behaviour associated with their autism.
Our school currently has a position for resilient Early Years Learning Support Assistant. We are therefore currently seeking a reliable, hard -working and flexible Learning Support Assistant to join our established specialist autism primary school.
The position will involve:
• Supporting Class teachers to offer a broad-based, appropriate curriculum
• Working in our Early Years Team
• Assisting with the supervision of children outside of classroom activities e.g. meal times and recreation times
We are looking for Learning Support Assistants who have:
• an understanding of/interest in autism
• experience of working with children in an early years education or setting
• knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis
• an ability to work as part of a team and to use their initiative to support and implement the Eagle House approach to helping pupils who have a range of needs associated with having autism
• a passion for supporting children to help them manage their challenging behaviours and an ability to stay very calm in challenging situations
• GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
At Eagle House School (Mitcham), we recognise that successful learning is achieved through positive experiences and strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each child. At the core of our teaching and learning is the Eagle House Approach, which has been developed specifically for learners with autism and brings together the ‘best of the best’ approaches. This approach is supported by our in-house multidisciplinary team of therapists, which comprises speech & language therapists, occupational therapists, a behaviour support specialist, music therapist and yoga therapist and is led by our clinical psychologist. We are looking for candidates interested in working as part of this dynamic team.
Hours will be Monday to Thursday 8.15am to 4.00pm and Friday 8.15am to 3.30pm, during term time only.
The successful candidate will automatically be enrolled onto our private Health Care Plan.
Eagle House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.