Do you have a nurturing and caring approach?
Are you passionate about children's development?
Do you have the knowledge and understanding of Early Learning Goals to support children across two reception classes?
We are looking for a teaching assistant to join our friendly hardworking team of teachers and support staff.
The successful candidate will:
* Be enthusiastic, flexible and able to be proactive when working with a team.
* Be able to take children on in their learning through play with high quality interactions.
* Have knowledge of the Foundation stage curriculum with an understanding and willingness to learn - eg. how to support children with learning phonics, using Birth to 5 matters to support with planning the Reception environment and next steps.
* Be able to work independently and use their own initiative
* Be confident and professional, keen to share knowledge and understanding with others
* Be able to contribute towards the tracking of children’s progress
*Be able to monitor children alongside the class teacher and keep records of any safe guarding concerns.
What we can offer you:
* Regular supervision sessions
*A supportive Reception Team
* Access to health and wellbeing employee scheme
* Continuous Professional Development
* Free tea and coffee
* Free parking
Our school is a special place and we invest in the members of our community.
We have high aspirations for all children and encourage our children to have high aspirations for themselves.
We respect the right of all children to learn and consider ourselves privileged to be responsible for enabling this.
We respect each other and we are all proud of the environment in which we work.
We forge strong and supportive partnerships with parents and carers and each other.
We celebrate the beliefs of others and the cultural diversity of our school community.
We are resilient and willing and able to learn from our mistakes.
Kindness is very important to us and underpins all that we do.
We are energetic and enthusiastic in our participation and work together to uphold and protect our vision and values.
We look forward to receiving your application.
St Werburgh’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our Safer Recruitment procedures include the checking of all new staff to ensure they are safe to work with all young people and children. St Werburgh’s Primary School is part of Cathedral Schools Trust. Cathedral Schools Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the strength in diversity. Our schools have a wide range of cultural, socio economic and religious influences and we use this to ensure that we broaden our understanding of each other and the world.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, disability or age, and maternity, marital or civil partner status. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact School Office to arrange a visit.
Closing date: Mid-day on Monday 11th July 2022
Interview date: Thursday 14th July 2022
St Werburgh’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our Safer Recruitment procedures include checking all new staff to ensure they are safe to work with all young people and children. We welcome applications from candidates who reflect the diverse community that we serve.