Early Years Manager (part time)
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and skilled Early Years Manager to join the team on a part time basis. Our Early Years setting consists of a Nursery class and a full time Reception class.
An Early Years Manager plays a crucial role in an early years setting, the successful candidate would be expected to create policies and procedures, manage practitioners, deal with parents and ensure everyone is doing their best for the children.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A qualification in childcare/child development or another appropriate qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3.
- Up to date, minimum L3 Safeguarding Training.
- Paediatric First Aid
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience, working in a Preschool /Nursery setting, ideally already in a senior practitioner or room leader role.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Early Learning Goals
- Foundation Stage and current Ofsted statutory guidance.
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities.
- Empathy and understanding of children under five.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents.
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records.
- Effective team leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
We reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Suffah Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.