At Farnborough Grange, we are extremely passionate about providing our children with the best possible start to their education by providing them with all the tools they will need to achieve their full potential. As a Nursery and Infant School, we have the privilege of helping to shape our children’s view of education at the very beginning of their journey. As they say, first impressions count!
If you are passionate about Early Years, enjoy responsibility and place children at the heart of everything you do, then this could be an extremely exciting opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and inspirational leader to join our staff team and to lead our Early Years Department.
Department – consisting of a large Nursery and two Reception classes. The successful candidate will have a class responsibility 4 days a week. The position is suitable for someone who has some experience of Nursery and Early Years, who demonstrates excellent practice in their own classroom and has the skills to lead a team effectively.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will be an exemplar of consistent good practice as a Class Teacher, who consistently demonstrates all aspects of the Teacher Standards to a high standard.
- Will be an effective Subject Leader, developing policy and leading the work of colleagues in your subject area to promote effective learning for all pupils.
- Is able to coordinate the day-to-day management of the EYFS Team and be responsible for communication within the team.
- Will coordinate opportunities for working collaboratively across the EYFS Team, for example, to support learning during themed weeks/days.
- Will maintain a regular overview of the progress children in your team are making, ensuring all children are being supported and challenged appropriately
- Will lead a staff team – training, supporting and coaching staff and appraising performance
- Will be an effective member of the SLT, assisting the Headteacher in implementing positive changes for the benefit of the whole school and have the ability to deputise in their absence.
What we offer in return:
- Wonderful children who are just beginning their educational journey, who have enquiring minds and a developing love of learning
- A supportive community, including the staff team who thrive on challenge and all have the children’s best interests at heart
- Excellent CPD opportunities at both school level and on a wider Trust Level.
- A supportive Multi-Academy Trust and Local Governing Committee who are all invested in the development of the school and the welfare of the children and the staff
Please see our applicant pack for more details about this role. Visits to our school are highly recommended and warmly welcomed.
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our employment practices reflect this commitment.
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant pre-employment checks, including a Section 128 Check.