We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Level 3 or above trained EYP to join our growing nursery team. Last year saw the official opening of a brand new enhanced outdoor environment as a result of significant financial input. In addition, we have benefited from a complete overhaul of the nursery area including new decoration, flooring and equipment in all nursery classes.
You should be an excellent team player with an abundance of energy, creativity and enthusiasm. The ability to work independently and be able to show initiative as well as being able to carry out tasks and follow instructions is essential.
Hours: 30 hours/ week, Monday – Friday (8.30am – 3pm)
Salary: K grade
Contract: ASAP until April 1st 2021
Duties will include:
- Act as a key person for a small number of children
- Monitor children's progress as per Early Years Foundation Stage
- Support Early Years Teacher with planning and assessing
- Lead and manage high quality practice
- Provide constructive feedback to parents about their child as directed by the room leader/teacher
- Attend staff training days when required and out-of-hours staff meetings
- Work with your colleagues to ensure smooth running of the nursery at all times
- Experience of working with young children (at least with 3 and 4 year olds)
- NVQ level 3 or above in Early Years Childcare
- Knowledge of keyworker systems and record keeping.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent communication ability with colleagues, parents and children.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Thorough understanding of child protection issues and processes.
- Ability to be a good role model to colleagues, motivate them and work with them.
- Excellent knowledge of EYFS framework
- Genuine love of the profession and desire to constantly improve.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Willing to learn new skills and undertake continuous professional development.
- Experience of similar position in previous employment.
- First Aid trained.
- Food Hygiene certificate.
- Experience of working with 2 year olds
Closing date for applications is: 12 midday on Monday 2nd November 2020
Shortlisting will take place the same day and successful candidates will be informed by the evening.
Interview date TBC but will be during the week commencing 2nd November 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check and at least 2 valid and up to date references before appointment is confirmed. Any applications including personal details will be deleted from our records after 6 months, Please contact us directly if you require further information on our Data Protection Policy.