St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre
We are seeking to appoint an:
Early Years Practitioner BG5: Temporary until 31st August 2021. Full time, AYR, 37hrs pw (shift work required between 8.00am and 5.40pm Monday to Friday) to work with our 2-3yr olds.
Salary: £18933-£19312 pro rata
Start date: January 4th 2020
This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced practitioner to join our outstanding, and vibrant inner city Nursery School & Children’s Centre.
Come and join our exceptional, reflective, creative, sensitive and supportive staff team and be part of our happy setting.
At St Pauls we strive to ensure all our children, families and staff teams feel valued, are inspired by learning and thrive in our learning community.
We hope this sounds like the sort of place you want to work in.
St Pauls is also a National Teaching School, so offers high quality professional learning and development, plays host to many visitors and is involved in developing and sharing research. All staff have opportunities to get involved in deeper level thinking.
This year is also the year we are developing our food project and outside growing area with a focus on sustainability, so there are plenty of new projects to get stuck in to!
We are looking for practitioners who:
- Have energy and passion to take on the responsibilities of a key person role
- Have the commitment to working with young children and families to improve outcomes
- Are solution focused and not afraid of new challenges
- Have the interpersonal skills and warmth to build authentic and respectful relationship with our children, families, team and community
- Are committed to providing an inclusive and creative environment
- Have an enquiring mind and like new learning
- Enjoy responsibility, having fun and thinking of possibilities!
In return we can offer:
- A committed and highly experienced team with learning at the heart of all we do
- Supportive and challenging CPD opportunities for the team
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching
- A warm and inclusive environment with a focus on individual’s emotional well-being and work life support
- Opportunities to be a key person, lead on projects and contribute to research and delivering training
- A leadership team who will invest in and care about your personal and professional development
- A vibrant community and excellent partnership working
Please contact the setting for further details. Visits are highly recommended.
We usually encourage potential candidates to visit the setting, prior to application, to give you the very best chance of success. However due to COVID restrictions we now recommend that you please either email or phone the centre for a chat or to arrange a ZOOM call to discuss the role further if you are interested.
St Pauls particularly encourages applications from suitably qualified Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and those who speak community languages, although all applications are warmly welcomed and will be considered on their merits.
Safeguarding and Child Protection is central to our work and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure
The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 2nd December 2020
St Pauls Nursery School & Children's Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.