We are expanding our daycare provision at St Pauls, and seeking to appoint 4 additional Early Years Practitioners (BG5, 37hrs per week, AYR, shift work will apply)
- 2 posts are to work in our fabulous baby rooms with babies from birth – 2yrs, and we are really looking for baby practitioners who love this work
- 2 posts are to work in our large and diverse EYs2 Room, working with our 2-3 year olds
All posts are permanent
Start date: 1st September 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced practitioner to join our outstanding, vibrant inner city Nursery School & Children’s Centre.
Come and join our exceptional, reflective, creative, sensitive and supportive staff team and be part of our happy setting.
At St Pauls we strive to ensure all our children, families and staff teams feel valued, are inspired by learning and thrive in our learning community.
We hope this sounds like the sort of place you want to work in.
St Pauls is also a National Teaching School, so offers high quality professional learning and development, plays host to many visitors and is involved in developing and sharing research. All staff have opportunities to get involved in deeper level thinking.
We are looking for practitioners who:
- Have energy and passion for young children and their families with a commitment to working WITH them to improving outcomes
- Are solution focused and not afraid of new challenges
- Have the interpersonal skills and warmth to build authentic, loving and respectful relationship with our children, families, team and community
- Are committed to providing an inclusive and creative environment
- Have an enquiring mind and like new learning
- Enjoy responsibility, having fun and thinking anything is possible!
In return we can offer:
- A committed and highly experienced team with learning at the heart of all they do
- Supportive and challenging CPD opportunities for the team
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching
- A warm and inclusive environment with a focus on individual’s emotional well-being and work life support
- Opportunities to be a key person, deliver training or family support
- Opportunities to be involved in research and develop particular interests and expertise
- A leadership team who will invest in and care about your personal and professional development
- A vibrant community and excellent partnership working
Please contact the setting for further details. Visits are highly recommended.
We have a very comprehensive Covid risk assessment in place to ensure the health and safety of our nursery community, however due to the lessoning of some restrictions we do now allow and encourage visits to our setting before application. You need to get a sense of the place to see if it feel like the right working environment for you. We ask you to wash your hands, maintain social distancing and wear a face mask please.
When applying for the post, please can you indicate whether you would like to be considered for the Early Years 1 or Early Years 2 post or both.
Please phone the centre to make an appointment
St Pauls particularly encourages applications from suitably qualified Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and those who speak community languages, although all applications are warmly welcomed and will be considered on their merits.
Safeguarding and Child Protection is central to our work and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure
St Pauls Nursery School & Children's Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.