Early Years Practitioner
Start Date: January 2022
Pay Grade: PS4 (Level 2) & PS6 (Level 3)
Salary: Level 2: FTE: £19,422 (£10.35 per hour), Level 3: FTE £24,780 (£13.20)
Contract: 21.25 hours per week (8:45 to 1:00, 5 days per week), term time only
The staff, governors and most importantly the children of Fox Cubs Nursery at Shere Infant School are looking for two amazing Early Years Practitioners with full and relevant qualifications at Level 2 or 3, to join our wonderful team.
The whole school prioritises play as our primary pedagogy, and this starts from the moment children join us in Nursery. We focus on allowing children time to explore their interests and take part in extended periods of uninterrupted child-initiated play and exploration. We believe in a holistic experience and promote a love of learning.
This is an exciting time to join our team. We have recently formed a small federation that will work to promote small, rural schools in our villages. This is because we believe that local schools in the heart of rural communities are the very best places to grow and learn.
Fox Cubs is a lovely place to work, set in the beautiful village of Shere in the heart of the Surrey Hills. You will be surrounded by a small and caring team of practitioners with a commitment to true early years practice.
We can offer you:
- A wonderful school nursery environment in a beautiful village.
- A supportive team of dedicated practitioners.
- A brilliant group of eager learners; keen to play and explore.
- A commitment to training and development.
- A commitment to your work life balance.
We are looking for:
- Enthusiastic practitioners who love working with children
- A deep understanding of child development
- A communicator who can talk to children and adults alike
- A willingness to reflect and develop practise in the nursery
- Team players who wish to work with others to create a holistic, whole school experience for our children.
We encourage you to come and look at our wonderful nursery and meet head teacher Victoria Voller for an informal discussion prior to your application.
The Newlands CE Federation and Surrey County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our recruitment and selection process will reflect this. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks.