Early Years Practitioner / Early Years Educator – 22 hours per week, term time only
Contract: Permanent, Term Time
Salary: £10.70 per hour
Closing date: 31st January 2022
Exact working hours:
Term time only 22 hours per week
Monday 8:45am – 3:30pm
Tuesday 11:15am – 3:30pm
Thursday 11:15am - 3:30pm
Friday 8:45am – 3:30pm
Any further details:
To start 21st February 2022, or earlier
St Martin’s Pre-School is an independent, charity run pre-school based on a primary school site in Epsom. We occupy a modern, purpose-built room with direct access to a secure garden area, and offer sessional care during term-time. We are open for 38 weeks of the year. The Pre-School were delighted to achieve an ‘outstanding’ rating during our last Ofsted inspection in 2019.
We currently have a permanent part time vacancy for an exceptional, fully qualified level 3 early years practitioner.
If you have a passion for working with young children and experience in early years settings, we would love to hear from you!
We can offer:
• A friendly, professional, supportive team to work with.
• Regular opportunities to take part in continued professional development.
• Regular supervision meetings and appraisals with your manager.
• Fantastic indoor and outdoor facilities.
• A fabulous community of children and families.
• Minimal paperwork requirements, we believe the most important work you do is directly with the children.
• Paid overtime.
• Generous holiday entitlement and plenty of time off.
• Expenses to cover the cost of your DBS and Update Service subscription costs.
We would ask you to:
• Be punctual, reliable, and trustworthy.
• Attend termly staff meetings and short weekly team meetings outside of your usual working hours.
• Be a team player, offering your support to the rest of the team when needed.
• Act as a key person to a group of children and their families.
• Care about making a positive difference, enabling the children in your care to flourish.
• Maintain the high standards of care and education our children and families are used to.
• Be flexible, adapting to the fast-paced nature of the work.
• To sometimes work at short notice.
We offer two sessions each day, morning sessions (8.45am – 11.45am) or afternoon sessions (12.15pm – 3.15pm). Our children are age 2 – 4 years.
Salaries are paid monthly by BACS.
Applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service. The vacancy is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
St Martin's Pre-School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.