Early Years SEN Adviser
Early Years Team – Cognus Limited
Salary range: £33291 to £40728 dependent on experience
Full Time and Permanent - 37 hours per week
Cognus are recruiting a full-time (1.0 FTE) Early Years SEND Adviser to provide advice, support and training on inclusive practice within early years and childcare provisions across The London Borough of Sutton. This includes preschools, schools, day nurseries and childminders.
As Early Years SEND Adviser for Cognus, you will be responsible for:
- Offering advice on inclusion of children with SEND across private voluntary, and independent settings including preschools, schools, day nurseries and childminders.
- Supporting SENCOs in planning provision, modelling teaching and intervention strategies, focused assessment, monitoring and reviewing progress of children accessing the EYFS curriculum.
- Closely monitoring the impact of provision and inclusion funding so children make accelerated progress in their learning and development, enabling them achieve good outcomes.
- You will aim to ensure that all children receive high quality, inclusive early education that enables them to achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes.
This is a unique opportunity to develop, share and innovative ways of working with the early years sector, in their support of children with SEND. You will work collaboratively with our skilled, lively and supportive EYFS team.
The Early Years team is passionate about working collaboratively with parents, providers and colleagues in Cognus, Health, Social Care and the Voluntary Sector.
To be an Early Years SEN Adviser you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and their families, as well as demonstrating the following:
- Senior leadership or management of the EYFS within early years settings or schools
- Considerable experience of supporting EYFS children with SEND, including those with complex needs
- Experience of leading within the current EYFS and Ofsted frameworks
- Demonstrable ability to secure improvement within EYFS provisions
- An ability to advise on strategies so children make accelerated progress in learning and development
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and collaboration with children, parents, practitioners, professionals and partners across education health and social care
- A flexible approach to developing innovative working practices and solution focused
- Ability to take responsibility, lead others and work cooperatively as part of a team
- Able to work with colleagues to deliver training to EYFS practitioners
- Able to use Microsoft Office competently
- Have a clean driving licence and use of own car for work purposes
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter by 5pm on 28th June 2019. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted after 4th July 2019 and candidates must be available to interview on 11th July 2019.
An offer of employment is subject to safer recruitment practices which include an enhanced DBS check, two professional references acceptable to Cognus Limited, proof of qualifications, proof of right to work in the UK, proof of personal address and employment history covering 5 years and, fitness to work with children (occupational health assessment). These checks must have been completed prior to commencement of employment.
The job description and person specification outlines the summary of key accountabilities and is not an exhaustive list of duties and, is subject to periodical review and changes in line with the business needs.
Cognus Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.