Early Years Teacher – Temp 1 year – Starting 1st September 2020
Main Pay Scale
Forest Fields Primary has been judged as good by Ofsted. We are a popular City school in the heart of a vibrant and diverse community. We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate as an Early Years Teacher for one year.
We serve a diverse multi-ethnic community and practice in school reflects the richness and vibrancy of the area, with a commitment to raising standards.
“Forest Fields is a caring school in which everyone feels included” (Ofsted November 2013).
“A big school with an even bigger heart” (Ofsted July 2018).
We aim to appreciate the contribution of all within our community and we place great emphasis on mutual respect.
We are looking for a professional practitioner who:
- Promotes very high standards of teaching and learning through excellent, reflective classroom practice and management.
- Works effectively as part of a large team
- Is keen to promote outdoor learning
- Has a passion to ensure all children reach their full potential
- Will take an active part in the wider life of our school
- Has the ability to work under pressure with calmness and a sense of humour
- Has experience of teaching the early years foundation stage
- Can demonstrate a commitment to working in a multi-cultural school community.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Mrs Shamim Khan on O115 915 6872. Visits to the school are welcome, but due to the current situation with COVID19 will have to be arranged in advance.
We are committed to the safeguarding, protection and well-being of all children and adults. The post is eligible for a DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (i.e. it involves certain activities in relation to children and/ or adults) and is defined as regulated activity under Part 1 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced level disclosure and satisfactory references.
The closing date for applications is 12noon on Monday 13th July 2020. With interviews taking place on 16th & 17th July 2020.
Please note only a fully completed application form can be considered, submission of a curriculum vitae (CV) cannot be considered.
Forest Fields Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).