Inherited from the 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has over 20 years of experience in education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
The Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (HILA) Chongqing is located in the Liangjiang New Area of Chongqing, providing world class K-12 bilingual education to students aged 2 to 18 years old on an outstanding campus designed for both day students and boarders. Our school is planned to open in September 2020.
Central to our educational ethos is a commitment to foster the values of ‘Courage’, ‘Honour’, ‘Humility’ and ‘Fellowship’ in our students. Beyond outstanding academic outcomes, Harrow’s holistic education nurtures in our students a strong Chinese foundation with a global outlook through a unique bilingual curriculum that distilled the 450 years of educational excellence of Harrow School with the wisdom and traditions of Chinese culture.
We are seeking a high performing Teacher of Early Years to commence duties as soon as possible. This may involve online delivery of lessons until visas are available. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements
· Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
· Minimum two years’ teaching experience
· Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England
· Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
· A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
· Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
· Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
· Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
· A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
· A clean International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding
suitability to work with children
How to apply
· Please click on 'Apply' OR email your cv to email@example.com with 'EYHARROW' in the subject line.
The safeguarding o students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
· Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Leadership for a better world
Purpose of Job
• Responsible for fostering positive self-esteem and supportive relationships for all pupils, founded upon respect and mutual trust
• Responsible for maximising the academic progress of the pupils they teach by delivering the very highest standards of teaching and learning
• Promote a positive, purposeful and professional working atmosphere that encourages cooperation and challenge whilst valuing the contribution that
individuals make to the success of the school
• Promote equality of opportunity for all regardless of race, religion or gender and encourage excellence,resourcefulness and perseverance
Duties and Responsibilities
• Promote high standards in all aspects of school life, particularly in pupil progress
• Actively support the vision, ethos, culture and policies of the school
• Inspire and motivate pupils, teachers and other school employees
• Comply with the professional duties of the Harrow staff Code of Conduct
• Contribute to a school culture which is positive, purposeful and professional
• Engage positively in the school Appraisal process and performance management arrangements
• Are committed to safeguarding and to promoting the welfare of children and young people
• Be responsible for the provision of specialist Art lessons within the pre-prep and prep schools
• Help to promote Art within the pre-prep and prep schools as part of a Harrow education