Are you creative, enthusiastic, and would like to be part of an innovative, highly collaborative and inclusive school, teaching in a supportive team to develop the strengths of our youngest learners?
St John’s is seeking a dynamic early year’s educator to join the Early Years team teaching aged 3-4 year olds in our lively Nursery. The candidate must be experienced teaching in Early Years.
St John’s is committed to developing personalised learning so that all learners, given their individual gifts and talents, are challenged and make good progress. All staff are expected to develop their skills to meet the needs of a diverse group of learners. Fostering positive relationships and having a growth mind-set are essential attributes of St John’s teachers.
A life-long passion for learning is essential, as we offer outstanding professional learning opportunities.
Our vision is for our children to be happy, enjoy learning and achieve their full potential. Every child is unique, and is supported to thrive through a creative approach.
St John’s is located near the heart of Kingston upon Thames, a vibrant, cultural and historic town edged by the beautiful River Thames. We have excellent bus and train transport links, and parking facilities on site.
You will receive:
• the opportunity to deliver an exciting, ‘In the moment’ planning approach in a well resourced school environment, plus the opportunity to become a subject leader.
• fantastic outside learning opportunities, including a Forest School, allotment and orchard
• children who want to learn and achieve
• ongoing support from a positive experienced and engaged team
• high quality professional development, and the opportunity to further your own career
• wellbeing package of support
The successful candidate will be:
• an aspiring leader who will lead, motivate and inspire others.
• passionate about inclusion and making sure all pupils gain an inspirational education.
• an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour who is committed to providing high quality learning.
• able to maintain and drive forward high standards whilst meeting the needs of all pupils.
• an excellent communicator, able to work inclusively with pupils, staff, parents and other stakeholders.
If you are a successful teacher with a strong commitment to inclusive values; has drive and determination; has excellent interpersonal skills; is a proactive team player; has the ability to strengthen partnerships and most importantly are passionate to make a difference to the lives of young pupils, then we would like to hear from you.
We do reserve the right to close this application early, should a suitable candidate be found. We also welcome visits to our much loved school.
St John’s Primary School is an equal opportunities employer, and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.