Hours: 37 hours 30 minutes per week, term time only. 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday.
Salary: Hay 9 (£18,715 - £21,498 per annum).
Are you passionate about early year’s education? If so we have an exciting opportunity for a teaching assistant to join our early year’s team as we open our first ever nursery class; Little Forest. This exciting new role will be key in shaping our new provision and helping achieve our goal of becoming a beacon for early year’s excellence.
The successful candidate will work predominantly within our nursery class but could be deployed to our Reception unit at times.
We are looking for someone who:
• Holds GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
• Has paediatric first aid certificate or willingness to be trained in paediatric first aid.
• Holds NVQ Level 3 or equivalent relevant to EYFS
• Has experience of working effectively supporting children in a learning environment in EYFS
• Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and barriers to learning
• Has high aspirations for all children
• Is able to build strong relationships
• Is willing to go the extra mile for the children we serve
The school can offer:
• Brand new provision with excellent resources and outdoor learning space
• Excellent programme of professional development through our 10-school teaching school alliance and leadership development
• The opportunity to work within a forward-thinking school as part of a vibrant team of professionals committed to ensuring every child succeeds
• Engaged and well-behaved children
• Supportive parents and governors
• Advertisement closes at 12pm on the 21st June 2019
• Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by 4:30pm on the 24th June 2019
• Interviews will take place on 28th June 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Kings' Forest Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.