Temporary Early Years Teaching Assistant
29 hours and 40 minutes pw
Temporary for a year in the first instance due to pupil ratios
The Head Teacher and Governing Body of Greenside Primary School are seeking to appoint a temporary Teaching Assistant required from September 2019 to work with our Reception/Early Years team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and hard working person who is able to relate well to children and adults to join our team. Good numeracy, literacy and basic ICT skills are required.
We offer a caring and inclusive environment where children are happy, self motivated and want to learn.
Greenside Primary School has a supportive and committed staff and we provide staff with opportunities for high quality professional development.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Preferably have previous experience of working in a nursery or school with nursery or reception age children
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children
- Be committed to the education of children
- Be committed to inclusive practices
- To work as an effective team member
- Have the ability to relate to and empathise with pupils and to develop trusting and respectful relationships
Greenside Primary School will offer you:
- An enthusiastic, supportive and committed team of staff and governors.
- A warm welcoming school community with caring ethos.
- A high level of support with opportunities for professional and personal development
- Very supportive parents
Greenside Primary School is an inclusive school with values that ensure everyone matters and is appreciated.
Closing date : Tuesday 25th June 2019 at 12 noon.
Interviews : Tuesday 2nd July 2019. Please ensure that you are available on this date.
‘Greenside Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.’
Appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS formally CRB) and medical clearance from Leeds City Council’s Occupational Health Service.
Interested candidates are always welcome to view the school, by appointment, to fully appreciate our whole school ethos. If you would like to visit the school please ring 0113-2574509 to make arrangements.
Greenside Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.