Early Years SEN Teaching Assistant level 3
Fixed term one year Contract
Salary on Scale ME5 point 6
Inclusive of London Weighting Allowance on full time salary of £22,518 - £22,926 pro-rata based per annum
33.25 hours per week Monday – Friday, Term time only including all insets days.
Liberty Primary School is looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, well-organised and committed temporary SEN Teaching assistant level 3 to work throughout the school under the direction of a phase leader and SENCO. Candidates must be willing to work with pupils with wide range of needs including moderate learning difficulties. Knowledge of autism and ADHD is also required.
Liberty School is a Merton Local Authority maintained school in Mitcham. We cater for children from ages 3-11. This role will be an exciting opportunity in a school known for its diversity and family friendly environment. Liberty delivers exciting and challenging curriculum within a structured environment.
Summary of Duties will include:
- To plan and keep records of interventions and 1-21 work for SEND pupils in line with their ISPs.
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Support programmes for pupil(s) and help monitor their progress
- Provide support for individual pupil(s) inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Work with individuals and groups of children, under the guidance of the teacher, including children with Special Educational Needs and those with EHC plans
- Work with other professionals, such as speech and language therapists and occupational therapists, as necessary
- Assist class teachers with maintaining pupil records, including up to date information in relation to the schools assessment system.
- Support pupil(s) with emotional or behavioural problems and help to develop their social skills
A full job description, person specification and application form attached.
In return, we can offer you:
- A diverse and supportive multicultural school community.
- A highly skilled senior leadership team, ready to support you to achieve
the best possible outcomes for the school and its pupils.
- A hardworking team of staff and Governors who are committed to working
collaboratively on our exciting journey to move the whole school to “outstanding”.
- A modern working environment with easy accessibility to rail/tram,
underground and buses.
- A school with excellent facilities and extensive grounds
Please contact Ibironke Tinubu the School Business Manager for any other information required
Completed application forms to be returned online.
Applications Close: Wednesday 10th March 2021 – (3:15pm)
Shortlisting: Friday 12th March 2021
Interview: Monday 15th March 2020
We value the diversity of our staff and promote equality of opportunity across the school. Liberty Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The school is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore this post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service.