Darley Dene Primary School is seeking to appoint a skilled Teaching Assistant who is committed and passionate about Early Years provision as well as having a proven record of providing high quality support. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside practitioners in our enthusiastic and dynamic team to enable and facilitate memorable learning experiences.
Working hours : Monday – Friday 8.30am – 3.20pm (31.65 hours) , term time only (39 weeks per year).
Actual salary is £13,624 - £14,338 (pro rata), based on the full-time salary of £18,013 - £18,957, depending on experience.
Darley Dene is a one-form entry primary school which enjoys a diverse catchment, a vibrant community and a strong team spirit committed to ensuring the provision is right for every child. We are a member of the Lumen Learning Trust, a trust that puts the children's needs at the heart of its provision. We are committed to enabling children to become successful lifelong learners and happy, fulfilled adults who can make positive choices about their future.
The successful candidate will:
• be able to deliver high quality teaching and learning support,
• have excellent communication skills and strives to build positive relationships with pupils, parents and staff,
• be highly effective in supporting child initiated play and able to enthuse, motivate and encourage children in all areas of learning,
• be able to work independently to deliver, monitor and evaluate the success of interventions,
• positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We can offer you:
• an excellent opportunity and scope to develop your own practice and to make a contribution to the whole school,
• enthusiastic and engaging children who are keen to learn,
• a commitment to your continued professional development,
• a highly skilled and supportive EYFS team
Closing date: Wednesday 30th June 2021 at 9a.m.
Interviews: Tuesday 6th July 2021 – applications will be assessed as they are submitted and you may be contacted for a mutually convenient interview before the 6th.
Start Date: Wednesday 1st September 2021
Lumen Learning Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To achieve this, we will ensure continuous improvement and development of robust Safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of Safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Please note that under safer recruitment practices Lumen Learning Trust cannot accept CVs or letters in place of completed application forms.