At Loseley Fields Primary School we are dedicated to improving outcomes for all our children. We would now like to develop our nurture work further with pupils through a programme of Ecotherapy and are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual who understands the impact of intervention through a programme of outdoor focused tasks: gardening, planting, growing all number of flowers, fruit and vegetables in our Farm area.
Using the large grounds and outdoor education space we have at Loseley, our Ecotherapy Leader will work alongside pupils in co-operative, non-confrontational tasks, promoting self-regulation skills, raising self-esteem and developing their emotional resilience.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to expand their experience working with children into a new and exciting role. In return we can offer extensive support, training and opportunities for further career development in education.
The successful candidate will:
• be able to assist in the education and social development of pupils under the direction of the Home School Link Worker and Senior Leadership Team
• be very well organised and efficient
• have an interest in natural and holistic therapies
• demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and resilience
• be able to engage children in learning
• be flexible and pro-active
• be positive and have a good sense of humour
• support children’s learning and development at all times
• have knowledge or an interest in horticulture and the natural environment
We can offer:
• the chance to make a difference
• support and training to undertake the role
• a hard-working, dedicated and supportive team
• happy and enthusiastic pupils
• a welcoming school with friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors
• a supportive and forward-thinking leadership team
• opportunities for excellent continuous professional development, including the opportunity to collaborate with our other local GEP Academies
Visits to the school are strongly recommended.
Loseley Fields Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.