The HOPE Virtual School
Required from 30th September 2021
Salary: Bristol Grade 10 0.6 Maternity Cover. Term time only + 1 week, 25,514 – 29,302 (pro rata)
The HOPE Virtual School is seeking an Education Advocate to further influence and improve education outcomes for Bristol’s Children in Care. The position will be covering maternity leave for years 9 – 11. We work closely with a wide number of stakeholders including Educational Settings, Social Care staff, Carers and children. We are seeking to appoint an experienced practitioner to support the achievement,attendance and inclusion of Children in Care.
• An experienced education practitioner with exellent knowledge and experience in improving engagement for young people?
• Passionate about raising attainment and improving educational outcomes for young people in care?
• Able to form relationships with young people and their carers with respect, trust and empathy?
• A good communicator with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of professionals in the team around the child?
• An exciting and diverse role with the opportunity to work within an experienced and supportive team of committed professionals led by the Virtual School Headteacher
• A committed governing body providing The HOPE with appropriate support and challenge
• Commitment to professional development
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people in care.
Bristol City Council is committed to the safeguarding of all young people. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS.
Please find the job description and person specification for more information.
Bristol City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.