The role of Education Sector Manager Further Education and Skills is critical in developing and implementing support from The Careers & Enterprise Company across England to support all sectors of education with a robust offer tailored to Further Education establishments and Independent Training Providers.
Reporting to the allocated Head of Education, Quality and Commissioning you will ensure the successful delivery of the Education Engagement strategy for FES and build a strong understanding of the needs of colleges, sixth form colleges and independent training providers to ensure that The Careers & Enterprise Company are addressing those needs through the support provided via the Enterprise Adviser Network, as well digital tools, and resources we develop. You will work with your counterparts, across the Network, Employer Team and Education Development Team along with the Head of Education, Quality and Commissioning and Director of Education to ensure effective delivery of CEC support to all colleges and Independent Training Providers.
This role incorporates specialist support to the FES sector, as well as support to Careers Leaders in schools, special schools and colleges regarding information and guidance relating to FES.
You will be the face of the Company’s Education Development Team on the ground and act as the voice of FES within the wider Education Development Team and company. Building and maintaining trusted relationships with Careers Leaders, college leaders, and partner organisations such as Association of Colleges you will ensure that all education stakeholders are supported.
You will hold responsibility for three key areas of resource development to ensure CEC resources are current, reflect best practice and deliver support to education stakeholders.
- Lead sector engagement ensuring there that Careers & Enterprise Company is established as a trusted sources of support, as well as ensuring that we are listening and responding to the needs of the sector.
- Being the voice of the FES sector within the Education Development Team ensuring that the needs of this cohort are considered throughout all EDT workstreams.
- Lead the development of sector specific resources and CPD to ensure Careers Leaders in colleges and Independent Training Providers are supported to deliver high quality careers education. This will include both creating and commissioning resources.
You will need to a confident and experienced collaborator and work with multiple stakeholders including employers, careers practitioners, senior school and college leaders and external agencies for commissioning.
You will be a strong relationship manager who has experience of Careers Leadership and the FES sector and who is able to manage multiple projects and work effectively across the organisation to ensure that projects are delivered to time and to budget.
You will have sector expertise in Further Education and Independent Training Providers across all aspects of the education sector and you will provide sector support to company initiatives for disadvantaged and vulnerable young people.
- Previous experience within the careers/education sector and a sound understanding of the current challenges in the education landscape, with a particular experience in Further Education and Skills.
- Experience of project management including a proven track record of managing multiple projects across multiple teams.
- A strong track record of stakeholder engagement and communications with a variety of audiences, preferably in the education and careers sector.
- Experience of presenting and engaging internal and external stakeholder, ideally with both small and large audiences.
- Experience of developing propositions, preferably for an education audience.
- IT literate, particularly in Microsoft products
- A demonstrable understanding of FES culture and the challenges faced by schools and colleges in delivering careers and enterprise, and the current careers education and corporate social responsibility landscapes.
- Experience of team leadership
To apply, please submit CV and a cover letter including your notice period and salary expectations (no more than 2 sides of A4 with a minimum font 11)
AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.