Education and Lifelong Learning
Ref. ED50258999 Soulbury EP Scale A 1 – 6 (plus up to 3 SPA points) £36,446 - £50,806
We are looking to recruit an educational psychologist to a permanent position, to start as soon as possible. Trainee Educational Psychologists, who will complete their professional training by August 2019, are welcome to apply.
Applicants should be registered with the Health Care Professions Council.
The Cardiff Educational Psychology Service (EPS):
• Applies psychology to promote the attainment and emotional health and well being of children and young peopleaged from 0 -19.
• Promotes early intervention.
• Meets local and national priorities for raising standards in schools.
• Focuses on a range of validated approaches that have been shown to promote success e.g. consultation, assessment and intervention.
• Develops multi-agency approaches to support schools, children, young people and parents / carers.
The ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh is desirable but not essential.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced checks.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
We welcome applications in both English and Welsh. Applications received in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than English applications.
As a large public sector organisation, it is important to us that we support the economic wellbeing of our citizens and that our workforce better reflects the communities we serve. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from under represented individuals:
aged under 25
not in employment, education or training
from our local communities including in particular those from the Cardiff BAME community
able to communicate fluently in Welsh