Various hours per week, 38 weeks per year
GBP 17,878 per annum (pro rata) - actual salary based on 35 hours per week, 38 weeks per year is GBP 13,590 per annum
Fixed-term positions until 31 August 2019 and likely to be extended to August 2020.
Are you looking for a career that is dynamic, diverse and rewarding?
We need to expand our "OFSTED Outstanding' Inclusion in-class support team, which offers a vast range of support to students across all college sites.
We would love to hear from you if...
* You want to start a new career in supporting students with SEND
* Working with young people and older students you see potential, possibilities and progression - regardless of their starting points
* You are keen to learn about working from a socially inclusive perspective and are motivated to undertake professional skills development and training
* You are open to change and quality improvement in all you do
* You have the ability to meet challenges in a positive, motivated and inclusive way
* You believe that learning is for life and all should be given the opportunity to secure an aspirational future
* You would like to work within a multi-skilled team with a passion to support students in a person-centred way
We will be recruiting specialist in class support teams in:
ESOL (English for Speakers of other languages)
Inclusion Curriculum - Our students with significant SEND needs are 16-25 and follow personalised learning programmes. Including, embedded English and maths, social skills, life skills and personal development. ESWs provide a range of support across our curriculum and throughout unstructured times of the day and work placements.
Educational Support Workers - Cross College Support - you will support students working across all academic levels and in all curriculum areas from agriculture to animal care and everything in between.
Students access support for a range of Inclusion needs and key areas for support have been for Dyslexia, Mental Health Difficulties and Autism Spectrum Conditions.
Anyone interested in finding out more about the role of ESW here at Derby College is invited to attend an informal information evening at the Roundhouse Campus on Tuesday 3 July 2019 between 4.30 - 6.30pm
Derby College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.