Full time and Permanent
Required from August 2020
Overview of the School and the Role
TLC International School is a growing International school located in Dongguan, China. We have a diverse student body of over 460 students from Nursery to Grade 12. TLC is fully accredited with ACSI. We are actively seeking Elementary Teachers for the academic year that begins in August 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of an ambitious and forward-thinking International school.
It's often difficult to find a school that offers a balanced, nurturing environment as well as, high quality academic instruction. All parents want to provide the best possible education for their child. TLC International School is uniquely qualified to exceed your expectations.
TLC International School was started by Dr. and Mrs. Craig Kempf after decades of experience in teaching and administrating in American school settings. They came to China in 2002 invited by a local university to lead their English Training Department. However, after some exposure to the local international schools in Dongguan, they felt there was still an unmet need in this age bracket as well.
We are seeking an Elementary Class Teacher who will:
- Teach a class of about 18 students.
- Have the support of a full-time teaching assistant.
- Teach Maths, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, and Reading.
- Practice faith integration and implement the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum.
- Be a part of a supportive and encouraging team.
- Meet periodically with the Elementary Principal and other teachers to discuss any problems and make plans for the enrichment of the program.
- Write weekly lesson plans and quarterly reports.