Elementary Curriculum & Instruction Specialist
Full time and Permanent
Required from August 2020
Overview of the School and the Role
TLC International School is a well-established International School situated in Dongguan, China. We are seeking a Curriculum Specialist who is available to begin work in August 2020.
It's often difficult to find a school that offers a balanced, nurturing environment as well as, high quality academic instruction. All parents want to provide the best possible education for their child. TLC International School is uniquely qualified to exceed your expectations.
TLC International School was started by Dr. and Mrs. Craig Kempf after decades of experience in teaching and administrating in American school settings. They came to China in 2002 invited by a local university to lead their English Training Department. However, after some exposure to the local international schools in Dongguan, they felt there was still an unmet need in this age bracket as well. A small group of expatriate families who were looking for a school for their children approached the Kempfs. They wanted to find a school that would teach strong moral character as well as hire teachers with a loving approach and strong grasp on truth.
We are seeking applicants who can:
- Assess and discuss curriculum (AERO Standards) and instructional program with the school administrator(s).
- Actively pursue opportunities to continue to learn best practices in curriculum writing through research, professional development, and other learning opportunities.
- Research and develop the best procedures for teachers to implement the curriculum.
- Write recommendations for textbooks and other instructional materials for school implementation.
- Develop and update expectations for which parts of the curriculum must be covered within the school year.
- Stay current of trends in instructional methods and educational technology.
- Coordinate Secondary School MAP Testing.
- Analyze student Assessment data (MAP and Summative Assessments)
- Use data to monitor school performance in meeting AERO standards.
- Use evaluations and data to make recommendations for how to improve and edit curricula on an annual basis.
- Identify and lead a team of teachers who will assist in curriculum development.
- Plan, organize and conduct training conferences and workshops for teachers and administrators.
- Train teachers and other instructional staff incorporating new content and technology into their lessons.
- Distribute information regarding current research and significant developments in curriculum and instruction.
- Compile budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Administer the curriculum and instruction budget and ensure that programs are cost-effective and funds are appropriately managed.
- Interpret the curriculum and instructional program to the parent and community members and, in certain situations, to the School Board Members.
- Use effective communication to present information accurately and clearly.
TLC International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.