Full time and Permanent
Required from August 2020
Overview of the School and the Role
Due to a continued growth in student numbers, TLC International School in Dongguan is seeking a music teacher for August 2020. This is for the Elementary level and the music teacher will oversee the teaching of Music and all associated extra-curricular activities for classes from Nursery to Grade 5.
TLC International School was started by Dr. and Mrs. Craig Kempf after decades of experience in teaching and administrating in American school settings. They came to China in 2002 invited by a local university to lead their English Training Department. However, after some exposure to the local international schools in Dongguan, they felt there was still an unmet need in this age bracket as well. A small group of expatriate families who were looking for a school for their children approached the Kempfs. They wanted to find a school that would teach strong moral character as well as hire teachers with a loving approach and strong grasp on truth.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious music teacher who wants to develop and teach music lessons in a forward-thinking International school.
We are seeking applicants who have:
- Comprehensive musical knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Good Teaching Skills
- Good organizational skills
- Motivate skills
Music Teacher Responsibilities
- Get acquainted with the students with a variety of tools and give them a brief overview of its cultural significance
- Teach students to find out the different instruments as they look
- Instruct students to play different songs and jingle pianos, guitars, violins and other instruments.
- Teach students how to coordinate songs with other musical instruments
- Meet students with different music genres like jazz, classical, techno, pop, folk, etc.
- Teach students for music courses, including voices, tones, pace and rhythm skills.
- Train, try and guide students to school and community music programs.
- Carry out classes in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Education Board.
- Develop and maintain an effective music education program for students.
- Daily classes for scheduling to control and reheat over a specified period of time.
- Understand the potential and skills of each student, and guide individual students according to their skills.
- Evaluate the performance of students and provide feedback and help to improve their musical skills.
- Retain lesson plans and study materials for students.
- Recommend musical instrument maintenance and repair as needed.
- Maintain student behavioral standards to ensure a productive and disciplined environment during group experiments, practices and performances.
- Collaborate with school management to organize musical programs for civic tasks and school performances.
- Keep track of students in and outside classrooms.
- Maintain a safe and positive learning environment for students.
- Participate in curriculum development programs, student activities and lecturers’ committees.
- Participate in workshops, training and professional development programs to maintain professional qualifications.
- Keep track of student grading and attendance.
- Evaluate student development and ensure that students complete their daily tasks.
TLC International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.