We are looking for an enthusiastic ELSA to join our strong, friendly and motivated staff team.
You would provide Social and Emotional Interventions for pupils across the school in the afternoons. It would be beneficial to be ELSA trained with significant experience working with children with ASD and/or Attachment. Experience of working with children who have experienced trauma would also be advantageous to the role.
As a member of our team of valued Teaching Assistants you will work under the direction of our SENCo. We invite applications from teaching assistants who have the qualities listed above, and:
- Ideally have experience of working in a primary school
- Are able to support children’s self-esteem, inclusion and behavioural development
- Are patient, calm, organised and adaptable.
- Work well as part of a team
- Are able to use their own initiative as well as take direction
- Are enthusiastic and have a positive outlook
- Are creative and able to motivate children
- have excellent communication skills
- have a minimum of a Grade C at GCSE for both English and Mathematics
Hours of work: 3.10 hours a day - 16 hours a weeks Part time - afternoons
Contract type: Permanent
We offer you:
- delightful children
- supportive colleagues and Governing Body
- opportunities for professional development
- membership of Wiltshire Rewards
Longleaze Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Longleaze Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.