ELSA / Pastoral Support / Deputy DSL
We are looking for an outstanding Pastoral Support Assistant who is an enthusiastic team player to join us as we work together to establish and grow our school, creating a vibrant, happy and exciting learning environment in which our children are encouraged to do their best and achieve their full potential, and where everyone is valued and respected.
Hours: Full time 31.25 hours per week - 08:30 - 15:45 (part time considered) term time plus 5 days.
Required for September 2021 or when notice is served – Surrey Scale 5
We are looking for an ELSA / Pastoral Support / Deputy DSL who has the following attributes:
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels with children, parents and the wider community
· Understanding of the needs of the local community
· Knowledge of child development. An insight into the needs of children and their parents / carers
· Has a background in either Health, Social Care and/or extensive experience of working with parents and families
· Ability to handle difficult situations with authority and sensitivity
· ELSA and DSL trained
· Counselling skills or similar
The school can offer:
· A dedicated office / wellbeing office with computer and telephone
· An experienced and fun team who are committed to providing high quality professional development, including 1:1 supervision
· Friendly and enthusiastic pupils who are really keen to learn
· High aspirations for staff and pupils
· A leadership team who are committed to the wellbeing of all its staff and pupils
· The opportunity to be part of a team with a strong vision and shared values and purpose
· A friendly and welcoming working environment
· A motivated and supportive environment
· Free on-site parking
· Various health and well being benefits
· A generous pension scheme
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a tour with Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion, Deborah Jackson and Headteacher, Mark Richards.
Closing date: 8am Friday 10 September 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 14 September 2021
● This post is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance
Sandcross School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.