Salary: Grade B1 – B5 (£10.19 - £11.72)
Contract Type: Full Time 37 Hours per week. 52 Weeks per year
Start date: ASAP
The Brunel SEN Multi Academy Trust provides an inclusive education for children and young adults with special educational needs.
We are a vibrant and caring community. We offer the opportunity to join a supportive team which actively encourages and supports our employees to gain the skills and qualifications that will support their future employability and meet the needs of our organisation.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are now looking for an Administrator who will support the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). The ideal applicant will have experience of PA work, experience in minute taking, and formatting documents ideally within a school/college setting. The individual must be approachable, confident and have excellent communication skills with staff, pupils, parents and external visitors as required. The applicant will have excellent organisation skills and editing skills.
Experience of using Microsoft Office, especially excel, word and outlook is essential. You will need to have excellent administration skills, be highly organised and have the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a busy environment. Applicants must be able to work professionally with confidential data, have a good business ethic and be willing to take further training, if required, to fulfil the role.
If you feel you have the commitment and qualities to meet the challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
This role will be based at Central Services, situated at the Orbital District Centre, Swindon. However you may be asked to work from another site at any given time.
WE OFFER YOU:
• Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities;
• Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers;
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors;
• An opportunity to shape the future of the school and the staff and students within it.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a DBS Check, references & medical clearance. We are committed to equal opportunities.
DETAILS FROM: Brunel SEN MAT
CLOSE DATE: 30th August 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: Wednesday 11th / Thursday 12th September 2019
To provide administrative and data handling support to ensure the smooth running of Executive Leadership Team (ELT) administration and project development within Brunel SEN MAT (BSM) and The Uplands Enterprise Trust (UET), in compliance with statutory requirements.
Key accountabilities, duties and responsibilities:
• To provide a comprehensive and first class administrative service to the ELT, the CEO’s P.A and the Senior Growth & Development Manager, delivering highly effective, efficient, professional, proactive and confidential support.
• To provide administrative support for all ongoing projects as directed by the ELT and/or Senior Growth & Development Manager. To include the set up and maintenance of project development tools and compliance trackers.
• To maintain a BSM, Brunel Education and UET centrally held policy matrix ensuring that policies are updated and reviewed according to the defined review schedule.
• To provide a courteous, professional and knowledgeable point of contact for the ELT, promoting a positive image of BSM, Brunel Education and UET at all times.
• To perform research and prepare briefings for the ELT as required and disseminate as appropriate to Governors, Trustees and Heads of Education Provisions (HoEPs).
• To support the CEO’s P.A to ensure that preparation for all meetings attended by ELT is undertaken and the ELT are briefed sufficiently in advance and all action points are followed up.
• To support the CEO’s P.A in respect of diary management, travel planning and logistics to ensure that the ELT are in the right place, at the right time, fully prepared.
• To ensure that all work is carried out with quality, high standard and timeliness, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
• Provide first drafts of letters, reports and presentations as directed ensuring that all such correspondence is processed accurately and in an effective and efficient manner.
• To minute meetings as required.
• Manage heavily competing priorities in a high-pressured environment.
• Deal with emails, correspondence, invitations and process as appropriate or draft responses for the ELT then follow up and monitor where necessary.
• To ensure that the ELT has adequate PA support at times of high demand or unexpected absence.
• Assist with the production and up-dating of BSM, Brunel Education and UET Strategic documents.
Brunel SEN Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.