Emotional Literacy Support Assistant
Department: Academy Schools
Division: Ocean Academy, Poole
Salary details: Point 6 NJC (£19698)(Actual £6808.52)
Employment Status: Part Time, Term Time only, 15 hours
Hours: 1230-3.30pm Mon-Fri
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: 12 noon 11th October 2021
Interview date: 19th October 2021
Contact detail : Jane Burry (Office Manager)
We are looking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic individual with sound experience of working with children who have a variety of educational needs. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Pastoral Care Lead, to support children with emotional and behavioural difficulties. ELSA supervision will need to be attended regularly to ensure the role of ELSA meets all of the necessary credentials.
The successful candidate will:
• Work within the school as part of a team
• Work with either individuals or groups of children who are experiencing difficulties with emotional literacy or other aspects of school or home life
• Establish supportive, caring and secure relationships with children and parents / carers
• Develop knowledge of a range of learning and behavioural support needs, to plan, devise and implement programmes to help develop children’s emotional literacy skills, subsequent behaviours and overall well-being
• Work independently and as part of a team and also work with outside professionals as appropriate
• Be able to keep comprehensive records and add to professional reports as necessary.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Work with patience, calmness and good organisational skills
• Have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs – particularly those with emotional and social needs
• Are committed to developing children as independent learners and thinkers who believe in themselves and others.
• Are sympathetic to a Growth Mindset ethos
Please contact our office manager Jane Burry by email if you have any questions about this role. Full post details including job description and personal specification are also available on E Teach. Applications are only accepted through ETeach.
Ocean Academy and Aspirations are committed to children’s safety and safeguarding; DBS disclosure requirements will apply to this post. View our Child Protection Policy on the school website. Aspirations Academies Trust and Ocean Academy Poole are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they meet the essential elements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, and Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Ocean Academy Poole is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.