The Orpheus Centre is an independent specialist College in Godstone, Surrey. We focus on developing independence skills through performing and visual arts and make dramatic improvements to young disabled adults’ lives. (Car driver preferable due to location).
We are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and professional Employability Tutor at our SEN College to join our energetic and welcoming team of teaching staff. You will use your expertise as a tutor to facilitate a broad range of activities in conjunction with staff, learners and the wider community so as to deepen and broaden learners’ employability skills education.
Working with the wider team, you will be key in the development of a broad and rich curriculum offer that supports the acquisition of skills and knowledge in support of learner aspirations.
21 hours (3 days) per week / 44 weeks per year (hours may be altered on occasions according to the needs of the curriculum and organisation, some evening and off site work will be involved)
£13,535.00 - £16,008.70 (FTE £22,558.32 - £26,681.16) dependent on qualifications and experience
Are you an experienced tutor with a passion for supporting learners with special educational needs? Do you hold or be willing to work towards a Level 3 teaching qualification (PTLLS/AET or above)? And have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with young disabled people in an employment and/or education setting
If you have the ability to motivate, inspire and excite young people to achieve high standards, then we would like to hear from you.
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
• Must hold or be willing to work towards a Level 3 teaching qualification (PTLLS/AET or above)
• Experience working in a team developing and introducing new initiatives
• Evidence of personal CPD
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with young disabled people in an employment and/or education setting
• Knowledge of developing employment skills
• Knowledge of awarding bodies requirements
• Knowledge of portfolio evidence gathering for qualifications
• Understanding of effective utilisation of teaching
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Excellent computer literacy and administrative skills
• Ability to be flexible and contribute to all areas of the curriculum including pastoral support
• Ability to inspire and excite young people to achieve high standards
• Sense of humour
• Excellent People Skills
• Flexibility when working with others
• Enthusiasm for learning new skills and engaging with CPD
Orpheus is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. We are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities.
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with vulnerable adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. It is therefore subject to an Enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure Barring Service.
In order to be considered you must be eligible to work in the UK.