We are looking for an experienced and qualified tutor to deliver and assess Public Sector Services qualifications, Health and Social Care qualification and Essential Digital Skills qualifications at level 1 to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London. These qualifications will provide learners with the skills and knowledge that they require to enable them to secure sustainable employment.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the qualification including teaching and assessment, providing support and guidance to learners, ensuring that they are challenged and that they complete their portfolio in a timely manner to the standard required to enable learners to achieve their qualification.
Courses are delivered in 3 week blocks.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing resources and assignment briefs where appropriate.
• Delivery training and support both face to face and remotely to groups and/or individuals
• Carryout continuous diagnostic assessments as part of the learners’ journey.
• Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports.
• Ensuring all documentation (assignment briefs, tracking documents, progress reviews, Individual Learning Plans, attendance registers, portfolios etc) are completed to a satisfactory level and in a timely fashion.
• Conduct Internal Quality Assurance activity as directed by the department Co-ordinator
• A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably
• PGCE or equivalent
• Recognised Internal Verification qualification
• An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours year)
• Occupational experience in Health and Social Care or Public service.
• IT qualification at level 2 or above
• Strong digital skills with the ability to deliver training and assessment remotely
Interviews for this post will take place shortly after the closing date.
Westminster Adult Education Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.