Please note this is a remote part-time, permanent position at 22.5 hours per week. There will be some opportunities to go into the classroom but mostly remote.
Main purpose of position
As Specialist of English & Maths you will drive forward our curriculum offering for English & Maths programs including GCSE, Functional skills & Entry level across all departments via SCL’s online platform. They will create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement with an unrelenting focus on high expectations, progress and learner achievement.
They will develop effective working partnerships with the operations teams, shared services and their team to improve performance and quality, to support the achievement of targets and objectives for English & Maths.
As English & Maths audit the systems and processes for all Initial Assessments, booking of Functional skill and GCSE exams, collating exam results, disseminating results to all staff and MIS and to provide data relating to these operations in a format to meet the management requirements.
Key responsibilities and duties
- To be accountable for the standard of English & Maths online delivery throughout the department
- To comply and implement the company’s Maths & English strategy
- To ensure areas for improvement are quickly identified and addressed
- To work with the Quality and Operations teams to ensure outstanding quality of the learner experience and achievement in English & Maths
- To be accountable for ensuring that we follow and comply with our Lead Providers quality assurance and improvement measures as required for Maths and English
- Keep up with relevant developments in, learning and teaching that impact upon programmes and delivery
- Identify and advocate introduction of appropriate new teaching methods within Microsoft Teams for online learning and new modes of delivery, such as evening work or face to face delivery.
- Facilitate dialogue between teaching colleagues to share effective teaching practice and raise awareness of English & Maths delivery
- Communicate with internal and external clients, promoting SCL’s work and our brand
- Support vocational staff on English & Maths Delivery
- Identify systems’ issues and areas of concern with English & Maths and provide workable solutions
- Act as the go to specialist in English & Maths and lead the way in promoting its importance within our delivery
- Manage the Initial Assessment online program by providing logins and leading audit checks on the system to ensure that we are meeting our standards
- Support tutors to book all Functional skills exams, liaise with teaching staff and Curriculum manager on any issues surrounding this process
- Ensuring all students are provided with any individual special exam arrangements
- Collate all English & Maths results in the agreed time periods and disseminate this information to all staff and manager
- Provide data on English & Maths exams to manager in a suitable format as and when requested
- Carry out audit and checks to ensure that deadlines are adhered to for booking of all exams
- Continuously review tools and techniques to ensure excellence of online delivery
English and Maths
- Responsible for delivering & implementing the English & Maths strategy that ensures that the English & Maths requirements of all stakeholders are met and that our learners have the best possible chance of achieving successful results.
- Support the self-assessment process and quality improvement plans for English & Maths
- Ensuring compliance with external stakeholder requirements and support with the preparation for all Lead partner reviews and inspections, ensuring all regions are ever ready with regards to functional skills and GCSE
- Review the English & Maths curriculum, its online delivery and effectiveness and to make recommendations to management for further improvements
- Monitor and oversee targeted improvements in retention, achievement and timely achievement on maths programmes
- Supporting the programme of English & Maths audits and quality checks. Ensuring that all actions identified are followed up by tutors to improve the quality of service and the customer experience
- Provide support and coaching to managers on the delivery of English & Maths
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
- Comply with the Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies and be vigilant to potential concerns and risks at all times
- Ensure confidentiality and professionalism at all times
Essential skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience with a training provider delivering to traineeship & apprenticeship learners
- Primary school delivery experience
- Competent Microsoft Teams skills
- Ability to assess/ moderate / IQA Math & English learners work at all levels
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
SCL Education & Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.