Salary: £25000 - £27000 FTE
Contract: 38 weeks term time only
Location: various vacancies across centres.
English Coach / Maths Coach
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive English / Maths Coach. This position is part time, and will be based at one of: College Green Centre in the City, Ashley Down, Parkway/AEC or SBSA and will provide students with bespoke English / Maths support to help them overcome barriers to learning.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
The role will involve providing…:
- Highly structured intervention to targeted learners
- Create, use and promote high quality learning resources that are individualised to meet the needs of our learners.
- Contribute to the EHCP process and understand the requirements of the SEND code of practice.
- Where qualified assess students for Exam Access Arrangements.
- Work closely with College staff to ensure the best provision for students is in place.
- Ensure that interventions are effective by producing evidence based progress data.
We are looking for someone with experience of teaching maths or English from Entry level through to GCSE and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here
Closing date: 29 August 2019
Interview date: 6 September 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.