Come to work at SCL, have fun, feel inspired and be inspiring! Every single person who works at SCL is making a difference in our local communities and having a huge impact on children and young people’s lives.
Founded in 1999, SCL is the UK’s largest provider of education and skills training within the sports and active childcare sector working with grassroots Academies through to Premiership Football Clubs such as West Ham Foundation, Premiership Rugby and Elite Cricket Clubs, positively impacting the future prospects of children and young people.
When you join us, you will see that working for us is more than just a job - you will be part of a team who have built a highly successful, fast growing business.
Please note this is a REMOTE 0.6 contract part-time permanent position. There will be some opportunities to go into the classroom but mostly remote.
Main purpose of position
As Specialist of English & Maths you will drive forward our curriculum offering for English & Maths programs including GCSE, Functional skills & Entry level across all departments via SCL’s online platform. They will create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement with an unrelenting focus on high expectations, progress and learner achievement.
They will develop effective working partnerships with the operations teams, shared services and their team to improve performance and quality, to support the achievement of targets and objectives for English & Maths.
As English & Maths audit the systems and processes for all Initial Assessments, booking of Functional skill and GCSE exams, collating exam results, disseminating results to all staff and MIS and to provide data relating to these operations in a format to meet the management requirements.
Key responsibilities and duties
· To be accountable for the standard of English & Maths online delivery throughout the department
· To comply and implement the company’s Maths & English strategy
· To ensure areas for improvement are quickly identified and addressed
· To work with the Quality and Operations teams to ensure outstanding quality of the learner experience and achievement in English & Maths
· To be accountable for ensuring that we follow and comply with our Lead Providers quality assurance and improvement measures as required for Maths and English
· Keep up with relevant developments in, learning and teaching that impact upon programmes and delivery
· Identify and advocate introduction of appropriate new teaching methods within Microsoft Teams for online learning and new modes of delivery, such as evening work or face to face delivery.
· Facilitate dialogue between teaching colleagues to share effective teaching practice and raise awareness of English & Maths delivery
· Communicate with internal and external clients, promoting SCL’s work and our brand
· Support vocational staff on English & Maths Delivery
· Identify systems’ issues and areas of concern with English & Maths and provide workable solutions
· Act as the go to specialist in English & Maths and lead the way in promoting its importance within our delivery
· Manage the Initial Assessment online program by providing logins and leading audit checks on the system to ensure that we are meeting our standards
· Provide data on English & Maths exams to manager in a suitable format as and when requested
· Carry out audit and checks to ensure that deadlines are adhered to for booking of all exams
· Continuously review tools and techniques to ensure excellence of online delivery
English and Maths
· Responsible for delivering & implementing the English & Maths strategy that ensures that the English & Maths requirements of all stakeholders are met and that our learners have the best possible chance of achieving successful results.
· Support the self-assessment process and quality improvement plans for English & Maths
· Ensuring compliance with external stakeholder requirements and support with the preparation for all Lead partner reviews and inspections, ensuring all regions are ever ready with regards to functional skills and GCSE
· Supporting the programme of English & Maths audits and quality checks. Ensuring that all actions identified are followed up by tutors to improve the quality of service and the customer experience
· Provide support and coaching to managers on the delivery of English & Maths
· Conduct your role in line with the company values
· Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
· Comply with the Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies and be vigilant to potential concerns and risks at all times
Essential skills & Qualifications
· Previous experience with a training provider delivering to traineeship & apprenticeship learners
· Primary school delivery experience
· Competent Microsoft Teams skills
· Ability to assess/ moderate / IQA Math & English learners work at all levels
SCL Education & Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.