Come to work at SCL, have fun, feel inspired and be inspiring! Every single person who works at SCL is making a difference in our local communities and having a huge impact on children and young people’s lives.
When you join us, you will see that working for us is more than just a job - you will be part of a team who have built a highly successful, fast-growing business.
Please note this role will be part face to face delivery and part remote.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As Specialist of English & Maths you will drive forward our curriculum offering for English & Maths programs including GCSE, Functional skills & Entry level across all departments via SCL’s online platform lessons will be carried out Via online platform &/or Face to face delivery in our venues.
They will develop effective working partnerships with the operations teams, shared services, and their team to improve performance and quality, to support the achievement of targets and objectives for English & Maths.
As English & Maths audit the systems and processes for all Initial Assessments, booking of Functional skill and GCSE exams, collating exam results, disseminating results to all staff and MIS and to provide data relating to these operations in a format to meet the management requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To be accountable for the standard of English & Maths online delivery throughout the department
- Identify and advocate introduction of appropriate new teaching methods within Microsoft Teams for online learning and new modes of delivery, such as evening work or face to face delivery.
- Manage the Initial Assessment online program by providing logins and leading audit checks on the system to ensure that we are meeting our standards..
- Ensuring all students are provided with any individual special exam arrangements.
- Collate all English & Maths results in the agreed time periods and disseminate this information to all staff and manager.
- Provide data on English & Maths exams to manager in a suitable format as and when requested.
ENGLISH & MATHS
- Responsible for delivering & implementing the English & Maths strategy that ensures that the English & Maths requirements of all stakeholders are met and that our learners have the best possible chance of achieving successful results.
- Ensuring compliance with external stakeholder requirements and support with the preparation for all Lead partner reviews and inspections, ensuring all regions are ever ready with regards to functional skills and GCSE
- Review the English & Maths curriculum, its online delivery and effectiveness and to make recommendations to management for further improvements.
- Supporting the programme of English & Maths audits and quality checks. Ensuring that all actions identified are followed up by tutors to improve the quality of service and the customer experience
- Provide support and coaching to managers on the delivery of English & Maths
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
- Comply with the Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies and be always vigilant to potential concerns and risks.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Level 5 / QTLS/ PGCE Qualified
- FS L1 & 2 Math & English delivery experience
- GCSE Math & English delivery Experience
- Ability to deliver engaging M & E lessons online (all levels of qualifications)
- Ability to travel at short notice.
- Ability to deliver lessons in the evening.
- Ability to deliver CPD training to SCL staff.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to develop a close and effective working.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the current FE skills sector
- Competent & extensive IT skills
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Clean driving licence and access to own car
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience with a training provider delivering to traineeship & apprenticeship learners.
- Primary school delivery experience
- Competent Microsoft Teams skills
- Ability to assess/ moderate / IQA Math & English learners work at all level.
WHAT CAN SCL OFFER?
Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection, and reimbursement for dental, optical, and alternative health therapies to all our staff.
An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards.
Outstanding internal promotion prospects
Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential.
Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together.
SCL are an inclusive employer. We will endeavour to meet your needs to ensure that you have equal opportunities during the interview process. Therefore, If you are neurodivergent, have a learning difficulty, or disabled, please let us know in advance of your interview if you require any alternative arrangements
SCL Education & Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.