Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We are currently recruiting an adaptable Functional Skills Lecturer to teach English Functional Skills, ESOL and Employability skills on a 1:1 or group basis to adults aged 19+ in the Keighley Community and at Craven College in Skipton. This role is part funded by European Social Fund Community Led Local Development Project.
As a Lecturer you will teach English Functional Skills, ESOL and employability qualifications and non-accredited courses, 1:1 or classes to individuals who are not able to access mainstream provision due to barriers such as poor mental health, low confidence, pre-entry English. Your role will involve developing and designing appropriate and innovative learning materials, preparing, marking, assessing and recording students work as necessary to meet audit and RARPA requirements, to work closely with project key workers and outside support agencies in agreeing strategies that overcome barriers to participation or learning progression and to promote links with community centres, employers & external bodies and liaise effectively as required
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject area;
• Current teaching qualification to Level 3 Certificate in Education and Training/PGCE/Cert Ed (or working towards);
• Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
• Recent relevant experience of teaching to a high standard in the FE sector, including 19+ age range;
• Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills;
• Understand the barriers facing vulnerable unemployed individuals and how individualised learning can address these barriers.
• Interest and understanding of current educational initiatives;
• Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
• Ability to motivate staff and work effectively as a team member;
• Ability to achieve consistently high standards under pressure;
• Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies;
• Willing to undertake professional development linked to the needs of the College;
• Computer literate;
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.