English Leader & KS1 teacher
Full time & permanent
Start Date: January 2021
Salary: MPS/UPS. TLR2b.
Come and join our vibrant school on our journey to outstanding.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a forward-looking
school to utilise your strong subject leadership skills and improve outcomes for all children?
St Matthew’s Church of England Primary School is a large two form entry primary school with its own nursery class and Special Need Support Centre.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and enthusiastic teacher to build on the great work done to develop the profile of English and further raise standards in reading and writing in our school.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an outstanding teacher who inspires and motivates pupils, parents and colleagues
- Have the drive and ability to secure excellent rates of progress and attainment for all children no matter their starting point
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Have a secure subject knowledge of all aspects of English and innovative ideas to continue to drive the subject forward
- Have an understanding of how to use data to ensure progress in their class and for their subject across the school
- Be committed to their own professional development
- Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Develop a strong partnership with parents and the community
- Contribute to the wider life of our church school
We can offer you:
- A dedicated and motivated team of colleagues and governors, committed and passionate about driving the school forward and improving outcomes for all pupils
- A happy and harmonious school community built on strong Christian foundations
- A great opportunity to make a difference to our children
- A culture of successful mentoring, peer support and professional development
- An excellent programme of CPD within our Multi-Academy Trust
- A school with excellent facilities and extensive grounds
- An easily-accessible school, close to Redhill town centre and railway station
Closing date: 21st October 2020
Interviews: 23rd October 2020
Applicants are expected to be sympathetic to the Christian ethos of the school.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to come and visit the school and discuss the post. We would love to show you our school. A copy of our Covid-19 visitors protocol will be shared with you once your visit is confirmed.
For more details please contact Miss Stephanie Cramp, School Officer Manager, on 01737-762080
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive suitable applications. If you are interested in working with us, please apply without delay.