We are recruiting for an English Lead
Required for September 2021
Salary Range: MPR/UPR TLR: 2b
Number on Roll: 210
The Local Governing Body seeks to recruit a dynamic, innovative and experienced professional to join and support the leadership team at St Francis Xavier.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a practicing Catholic or is able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the distinctive nature of Catholic education, who is fully committed to promoting and supporting the Catholic ethos of the school and the Emmaus Multi-Academy Company.
- Have the ability to challenge all pupils to make exceptional progress and have high expectations of the behaviour of all pupils.
- Has the ability to develop children’s well-being and self-esteem.
- Demonstrate a positive working attitude at all times and believe in collaborative work.
- Have experience in successfully leading and developing a subject.
- Have a good knowledge of current educational research.
- Have an impact on educational progress beyond your assigned pupils.
- Line manage and appraise identified staff.
- Lead a Core Curriculum area.
- To analyse and interpret whole school data and produce action plans for improvement.
- To manage behaviour effectively in both the classroom and through supporting colleagues with behaviour management.
We can offer you:
- The support, mentoring and CPD within school to develop in a one-form entry school with strong links with other primary schools in the Emmaus Multi-Academy Company.
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere with a strong Catholic ethos.
- A committed SLT, Staff and Academy Committee.
- A friendly and supportive team.
- The chance to work with happy children who enjoy learning.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27th April 2021
Interview Date: Tuesday 18th May 2021
The school takes the safeguarding of pupils extremely seriously. Therefore, in accordance with Safer Recruitment guidelines, references will be taken up before interview and identity and qualification checks undertaken. A satisfactory enhanced DBS check and the completion of a Disqualification by Association declaration will be required before starting employment.