PLEASE NOTE WHILST THE SCHOOL IS PARTIALLY CLOSED IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE, WE ARE CONTINUING THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. PLEASE SEE FRONT COVER OF THE ATTACHED APPLICATION PACK FOR CONTACT DETAILS SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES. ALTERNATIVELY PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE ETEACH WEBSITE
School: Orchard School Bristol
Location: Bristol, UK
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR 2a £2,796
Start Date: September 2020
Closing Date: 9:00 am on Monday 20th April 2020
Interview Date: Monday 27th April 2020
We are looking for an experienced teacher with a passion for literature and language, to join our English department as a Second in English from September 2020. Leadership experience is preferable. This is a permanent, full time role. An interest in Latin, Classics and/or Drama would be advantageous.
We are a friendly school, serving a richly diverse community in North Bristol. Our students are wonderful – they value their teachers, knowing that you can make a real difference to their lives. The mission statement of the school, “inspire today, empower for life”, lies at the heart of all that the school does. We place no limits on our aspirations for our students.
We are committed to brilliance. We constantly strive to provide exceptional education – looking to research and evidence-based practice for ideas. We take the continuing professional development of staff very seriously, offering excellent CPD. We are a Chartered College of Teaching Hub, and engage in CPD across Bristol through our multi academy trust.
- an experienced teacher and ideally someone with leadership experience
- an English specialist, who loves teaching children and young people to appreciate the skill, awe and wonder in English literature and language
- able to craft the English language with precision and accuracy, and support students to do the same
- creative and original, able to think and act innovatively to bring your subject to life
- able to inspire, motivate and enthuse students
- committed to the highest achievement for all students
- keen to learn and share best practice as part of a vibrant team
- enthusiastic students, willing to learn and achieve, who need staff who believe in them
- the opportunity to make a difference day in, day out to the future life chances of children and young people in north Bristol
- excellent student behaviour and a calm learning environment
- a bright, happy place in which to learn and work
- a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
- a strong commitment to your professional development
- the opportunity to support the maths team to establish a reputation across Bristol as an outstanding department
- a warm and friendly staff body with award-winning staff wellbeing
Please read our Staff Prospectus and the application pack attached to find out more about us.
This role has been identified as falling within the definition of requiring fluency in spoken English. You will be required to speak English with confidence and be able to conduct a conversation and answer questions for extended periods of time.
Orchard School Bristol is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.