Repton School Abu Dhabi is seeking an outstanding English Teacher to commence in August 2019
About Repton School Abu Dhabi
Repton Abu Dhabi is a prominent school on Reem Island in the heart of 'new Abu Dhabi'. We've been around for 6 years now, growing quickly due to our popularity with the local and expat community alike and our quality was recently recognised through the award of a 'Very Good' rating by ADEK with several outstanding features, which we seek to build on in the years ahead.
We follow a British independent school curriculum which incorporates elements of the English National Curriculum but which allows highly skilled teachers to develop an appropriate curriculum for an independent school in an international environment. In 2018-19 we will be extending our offering to IGCSE, and the following year offering A Level courses for the first time.
Though its the first time offering this for us in Abu Dhabi, pride ourselves on extremely close links to our sister school Repton Dubai which has been rated 'Outstanding' for several years and has an impeccable track record of delivery at Key Stage 4 & 5, whom we seek to emulate and surpass in the coming years.
The whole course of study through the school is designed to develop pupils as independent and lifelong learners as well as encouraging a spirit of intellectual curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge. This is achieved not only by what is studied in lessons but by formal prep time and links between academic and cross-curricular opportunities, including field trips outside of school.
All aspects of our curriculum are delivered with a rigour stemming from proven and traditional teaching methods and are bolstered by the latest innovations in teaching practice.
Further to this, the school has ready access to the latest in curriculum planning, assessment and monitoring strategies and the staff regularly review their teaching practices to ensure a fresh and dynamic approach to education.
Please click here to view the candidate pack for Repton School Abu Dhabi
This is an exciting opportunity to assist in establishing a key Senior School department and A-Level programme.
- Basic pay between 11000 - 18000 (AED) monthly based on completed years of experience
- Generous leave entitlements and annual flight allowance
- Accommodation provided in popular residential areas
- World class medical & healthcare benefits
- Tuition fee remission in Repton School for candidates with dependents
Please note, the requirements below are not aspirational. We cannot obtain a license from the local regulator for candidates not meeting the qualifications criteria. We require:
- Qualified Teacher Status; and
- EITHER - Bachelors of Education with PGCE or Masters and relevant experience teaching this subject specialism;
- OR - Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism plus PGCE / Masters in Education.
- Have experience teaching at Key Stage 4 & 5 in a school with an outstanding track record
- Have minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or reknowned British Curriculum / IB international school
- Be at least 25 years old