We are looking to appoint a qualified English Teacher to work at West Lea School in one of our three campuses, teaching KS3 to KS5. This will involve teaching English to learners with a range of needs as well as our Interns as part of an exciting programme, which supports young people with SEND into work.
Applications are invited from outstanding teachers who are experienced, enthusiastic, innovative practitioners keen to develop their teaching who will inspire our children. Newly qualified teachers are also welcome to apply for this role.
West Lea is a dynamic, forward-looking Specialist Sports College and a great place to work. ‘Learning for Life’ is our ethos and we want every learner to achieve the best. We focus all our energies on providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences within a caring and secure environment within the community.
We are looking for practitioners who:
• Have a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEND including mainstream commissioning support;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills;
• Can lead, motivate and inspire teams to raise standards in student outcomes;
• Want to be members of a creative and dynamic staff team with outstanding expectations for our learners to achieve in life.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a successful and supportive environment;
• Motivated children who are willing to learn;
• Well-equipped and resourced classrooms;
• Continued professional development.
West Lea School is a popular and successful school. We are very proud of the school community and the way that we work together with the local area and in partnership with both mainstream schools and colleges, in a positive climate where students have every opportunity to thrive and succeed in acquiring a set of skills that enable them to experience “Learning for Life”.
West Lea School, Staff and the governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Our recruitment process is rigorous and appointments made are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, a medical check and satisfactory references.