Teacher of English
Required for February 2020 start (or as soon as after)
Fixed Term (until 31 August 2020)
Suitable for an Experienced Teacher or NQT
We want to hear from you if you are a committed, highly motivated Teacher of English, or an NQT aspiring to be such a teacher, who has a passion for seeing young people succeed.
We can offer you:
- The full support of a dedicated and committed team of staff
- The benefit of working in an innovative and forward-thinking Academy
- Professional development to support you in your career
- The opportunity to work with motivated students and supportive parents
- Potential opportunity to teach in Sixth Form
- Staff benefits, including discounted gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- An attractive location in the Somerset village of Cheddar, close to Bristol
Candidates will need to demonstrate they are:
- An outstanding teacher (or an NQT aspiring to be outstanding)
- Able to consistently teach inspirational lessons and have good subject knowledge
- Organised and have excellent communication skills
- A strategic thinker and creative problem-solver
- Innovative, enthusiastic and passionate about their subject
- An outstanding teacher who has vision, drive and a determination to succeed in maximising attainment potential
- Has relevant experience of GCSE grades 1-9
For an informal discussion, please contact Mrs N Ashurst, Subject Leader for English on 01934-742608. We are committed to offering excellent opportunities for CPD.
Closing date: Wednesday 26 February 2020 – 8.00 am
Provisional Interview date: To be confirmed
To apply for this position, please complete the attached teaching staff application form, together with a letter of application for the attention of Mr G Ball (Executive Head Teacher). Your letter should be no more than two pages of A4, detailing your experience to date and why you are the best candidate for the position. Completed applications should be submitted online or returned by post.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure
The Kings of Wessex Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.