Sir William Perkins’s School is a high-performing independent girls’ school for approximately 600 students aged 11 – 18 years.
Our Vision is to build confidence, integrity and excellence in a caring, innovative and happy community, so that each student leaves having been given the best possible chance of achieving their full potential, taking with them sound values, a breadth of skills and knowledge and ready to take on the world!
The Head is both a member of HMC and GSA.
Start Date: September 2021
A well-qualified and enthusiastic graduate is required to support the further development of our English department which boasts highly motivated students and an excellent academic record.
The role would suit a new entrant to the profession, someone seeking to broaden or deepen their experience or an individual looking to make the transition into the independent sector.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the ability to teach through the school from Year 7 to 13. This is a full-time, permanent position from September 2021.
We would love to hear from you if you have the ability to:
• Inspire and motivate students
• Relate effectively and to earn the confidence of colleagues, students and parents/carers
• Teach effectively to GCSE and A Level.
• Use strategies that effectively support the School’s policies and procedures
And if you also have:
• A good working knowledge of Teaching and Learning issues reflected in classroom practice
• Excellent organisational and time management skills and a willingness to embrace the School’s Digital Strategy
• Up-to-date knowledge of the examination specification and a track record of excellent results
English is a thriving and popular subject within the school, with a team of seven enthusiastic and supportive teachers. The department also has its own well-equipped subject rooms with an excellent selection of textbooks and resources.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to join our team, your cover letter and application should be addressed to the Head, Mr C C Muller.
Helen Wood, our HR Manager, would be pleased to talk to you further about this opportunity, so please contact her at the School.
Vacancy will be live until Monday 19 April 2021 at 1pm
Applications will be considered on arrival and the School reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date. Interviews will be conducted firstly by Zoom Meeting.
SWPS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.